Ekalvya : An initiative by Garje Marathi Global in conjunction with Marathi Vidnyan Parishad , and ‘Sakal Foundation’ to promote Entrepreneurship amongst youths and women in interior of Maharashtra.
Virtual Classroom, implementation through ‘Train the Trainer’ model.
A. Soft Skills:
- Communication Skills: Written and verbal ( Email writing, Essay writing, Report writing, Content Creation)
- Leadership Skills
- Team Building
- Art of negotiation
- Time Management, Emotional Intelligence, Stress Management
B. Entrepreneurial Skills:
- Idea Generation/ Ideation/ Design Thinking: brainstorm and refine business ideas. Encourage creativity and critical thinking.
- Business Planning: How to create a comprehensive business plan, including market research, financial projections, and marketing strategies.
- Market Research: Understanding the target market, competition, and identifying opportunities and gaps in the market.
- Financial Literacy: Managing finances, budgeting, and securing funding or investment for the ventures.
- Networking: How to build a professional network by connecting withpotential mentors, investors, and industry experts.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: legal requirements of starting and operating a business, such as licenses, permits, and intellectual property rights.
- Marketing and Branding: Branding, digital marketing, and customer acquisition strategies.
- Risk Management: Importance of risk assessment and mitigation strategies in entrepreneurship.
- Leadership and Team Building: Leadership skills, team management, and the importance of a strong team in a startup.
- Resilience and Adaptability: Entrepreneurial challenges and how to bounce back from failures and setbacks.
- Ethical Business Practices: The significance of ethical conduct, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability in business.
- Technology and Innovation: Emerging technologies and innovation trends that can give a competitive edge.
- Pitching and Presentation Skills: Persuasive communication skills for pitching ideas to investors and customers.
- Time Management and Productivity: Time management techniques and tools to balance entrepreneurial journey with other responsibilities.
- Mental Health and Well-being: Strategies for managing stress, maintaining a work-life balance, and staying mentally healthy while pursuing entrepreneurship.
- Success Stories:* Success stories of young entrepreneurs who have achieved their goals to inspire and motivate.
- Global Perspective: Think globally and explore international markets and opportunities.
- Feedback and Iteration: Importance of seeking feedback and iterating on the products or services based on customer input.
- Financial Goal Setting: Setting realistic financial goals and milestones for the businesses.
- Community Engagement: To give back to their communities and contribute to social and economic development.
C. Key Target Areas: Grass-root Innovation
- Waste to wealth: Up-cycling, creative reuse, transforming waste materials
- Water conservation and management: This could include topics such as rainwater harvesting, grey-water reuse, and ways to reduce water consumption
- Sustainable agriculture: This could include topics such as organic farming, agroforestry, and conservation of traditional seed varieties. Vertical Farming, tiny/ backyard farms
- Natural resource management: This could include topics such as forestry, wildlife conservation, and sustainable use of local resources such as water and minerals.
- Community development: This could include topics such as community organization, leadership development, and ways to build stronger, more resilient rural communities.
- Health and sanitation: This could include topics such as clean drinking water, sanitation facilities, and ways to improve public health in rural areas.